About UCMG

  1. Select United Care Medical Group.
  2. For CalOptima Organization, you may enroll at any time throughout the year.
  3. For Health Medical Organization (HMO) plans and Medicare Advantage (MA) plans, there are Open Enrollment Periods, which you only can enroll during such time.
  4. You need to select United Care Medical Group as the preferred medical group. Then you must choose a primary care physician (PCP) of your choice.

The detail is listed below:

  • If you and your family are approved to have Medi-Cal (Medicaid of California), you will receive a Benefits Identification Card (BIC) issued by the County of Orange Social Services Agency. It is used to obtain Medi-Cal covered services. Then, you will receive a CalOptima ID (CID) card issued by CalOptima Medi-Cal. The CID card helps to identify you as a CalOptima member. At first, you will be in CalOptima Direct plan. 30 days during which time, you must choose a primary care physician of choice. If you do not, CalOptima will auto assign a PCP near where you live.
  • If you own a business, you can buy private insurance via Health Medical Organizations (HMO) for you, your family, and employees via brokers.
  • If you are employee of a private organization or company which offers health care coverage, you need contact the Company Customer Service department to sign up for Health Insurance.
  • If you have Medicare part A and B only, you may want to enroll in Medicare Advantage plans via brokers.
  • If you have both CalOptima Medical and Medicare (Medi-Medi), you may enroll in CalOptima One Care Connect or One Care at any time.
  • It is important to have all health insurance cards with you and present them to your provider when you access health care services.
  • Agent and Broker: A trained insurance professional who can help you enroll in a health insurance plan. Agents may work for a single health insurance company; brokers may represent several companies. You will not pay anything additional if you enroll with an agent or broker. Agents and brokers often get payments (“commissions”) from insurance companies for selling plans. Some may not sell plans of companies they do not represent. You can qualify for a premium tax credit and other savings if you enroll with an agent or broker.